Ingredients For 4 Cups of Soy Milk
- ½ cup (100g) organic yellow soybeans
- 5 cups (1250 ml) water, plus more for blending (see instructions)
- ½ teaspoon raw sugar (or more/less to taste)
- Soak the yellow soybeans 24 to 36 hours in abundant water. Strain, rinse and change the water about half-way through this soaking period (or every 12 hours if soaking longer). Strain and rinse the soybeans before using.
- In a small chopper, add the soy and ½ a cup of water.
- Puree at the highest setting for 90 seconds.
- Pour the raw soy pulp into the pressure cooker.
- Add 5 cups of water and mix everything together well. Make sure that the contents of the pressure cooker do not exceed the ½ full mark.
- Bring the uncovered pressure cooker to a boil stirring occasionally. You will know the soy is boiling when the foam increases in volume quickly.
- Using a skimmer, remove the foam from the top.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Electric pressure cookers: Cook for 9 minutes at high pressure.
Stovetop pressure cookers: Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker indicates it has reached high pressure, lower to the heat to maintain it and begin counting 7 minutes pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Natural pressure release.
Electric pressure cookers: Disengage the “keep warm” mode, or unplug the cooker, and open the lid when the pressure indicator/lid-lock has gone down (about 20 to 30 minutes).
Stovetop pressure cookers: Move the cooker off the burner and wait for the pressure to come down on its own (about 10 minutes).
- In the meantime, prepare a wide-mouth pitcher or bowl, and add the sugar inside and top it off with a fine mesh strainer.
- Carefully pour the hot contents of the pressure cooker through the fine-mesh strainer. Then push down on the pulp with the spatula to wring out any remaining milk from the pulp.
- Mix the contents in the pitcher well and let cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate – keeps for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Shake before using.
Link to original recipe in case you need it. So delicious and worth the time & effort! Promise.